This is your comprehensive care guide to bronze jewelry complete with DIY cleaning and care instructions, how-to videos and more.
*This cleaning guide is intended for cleaning bronze jewelry without stones. To clean bronze jewelry with stones, see “cleaning jewelry with stones” below.
ITEMS FOR DIY CLEANING & CARE
Have these items on hand to keep your bronze MIMOSA jewelry looking like new:
- Bronze polishing cream
- Cotton towel
- Dishwashing soap
- Green scouring pad
- Jewelry cleaning cloth
- MIMOSA cloth bag (each piece you order comes with a complimentary MIMOSA cloth bag)
- Steel wool
CLEANING BRONZE JEWELRY
The thing about well-loved jewelry is that it will need to be cleaned every now and then, but the upside is that it’s pretty simple to make it look like new!
Whether your piece has tarnished or just needs a good scrubbing, these easy cleaning steps will have your MIMOSA shining again in no time.
FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO CLEAN YOUR MIMOSA
— or watch them in action in the video below
- Gather your DIY cleaning supplies and bronze jewelry. (without stones)
- Fill a small bowl with water. (You can do this over the sink, too. However, you run the risk of a piece falling down the drain. If washing over the sink, make sure your drain stopper is secure.)
- Add a drop of dishwashing soap to the green scouring pad* and add water to dampen.
- Scrub outside and inside surfaces of jewelry.
- Rinse jewelry thoroughly with water.
- Use the cotton towel to dry jewelry completely.
- Once dry, use the jewelry cleaning cloth to restore its shine.
- Keep on wearing your favorite MIMOSA. :)
*The green scouring pad will leave your jewelry with a brushed finish, however, the jewelry cleaning cloth will help restore its shine.
Additional Ways to Restore Bronze Jewelry’s Shine
- Steel wool will polish bronze quickly.
- Steel wool will leave your jewelry with a brushed finish, however, a jewelry cleaning cloth will help it shine.
- A bronze polish cream will also help restore its shiny finish.
MIMOSA HOW TO: Watch our video below to see how to clean your bronze jewelry (without stones) at home.
CLEANING JEWELRY WITH STONES
- We recommend using only a jewelry cleaning cloth on your bronze jewelry with stones as the scouring pad can scratch the stones.
CARING FOR BRONZE JEWELRY
Bronze is composed of mostly copper and a little bit of tin. Each piece of our bronze jewelry is solid cast bronze without any plating or coating. This means the golden color you see on a freshly polished piece of ours is raw bronze!
It’s a durable metal great for everyday wear, and although easily restored, bronze can also develop a natural patina over time. (We think the patina look can be beautiful and desirable as well — it’s really all about personal preference!)
To help your bronze jewelry both maintain its shiny, golden appearance and promote its longevity, we’ve included a few care guidelines below.
RECOMMENDED CARE GUIDELINES
Adjust your cuff or adjustable ring one time to find a comfortable fit. Repeated adjusting can weaken the metal and cause it to break.
Published 4/14/21; Last Updated 4/14/21