This is your comprehensive care guide to bronze jewelry, complete with DIY cleaning and care instructions, how-to videos, and more.
*This cleaning guide is intended for cleaning bronze jewelry without stones. To clean bronze jewelry with stones, see “cleaning jewelry with stones” below.
ITEMS FOR DIY BRONZE JEWELRY CLEANING & CARE
Have these items on hand to keep your bronze MIMOSA jewelry looking like new:
- Cotton towel
- Dishwashing soap
- A non-scratch scouring pad
- Jewelry cleaning cloth
- MIMOSA dust cover (to store your jewelry in)
CLEANING BRONZE JEWELRY
The thing about well-loved jewelry is that it will need to be cleaned every now and then, but the upside is that it’s pretty simple to make it look like new!
Whether your piece has tarnished or just needs a good scrubbing, these easy cleaning steps will have your MIMOSA shining again in no time.
FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO CLEAN YOUR MIMOSA BRONZE JEWELRY
— or watch them in action in the video below
- Gather your DIY cleaning supplies and bronze jewelry. (without stones)
- Fill a small bowl with water. (You can do this over the sink without the bowl, too. However, you run the risk of a piece falling down the drain. If washing over the sink, make sure your drain stopper is secure.)
- Add a drop of dishwashing soap to the green scouring pad* and add water to dampen.
- Scrub the outside and inside surfaces of the jewelry.
- Rinse jewelry thoroughly with water.
- Use a cotton towel to dry the jewelry completely.
- Once dry, use the jewelry cleaning cloth to restore its shine.
- Keep on wearing your favorite MIMOSA. :)
*The green scouring pad will leave your jewelry with a brushed finish, however, the jewelry cleaning cloth will help restore its shine.
MIMOSA HOW TO: Watch our video below to see how to clean your bronze jewelry (without stones) at home.
CLEANING BRONZE JEWELRY WITH STONES
- We recommend using only a jewelry cleaning cloth to clean your bronze jewelry with stones, as the scouring pad can scratch the stones. Do not use it directly on the stones.
CARING FOR BRONZE JEWELRY
Bronze is composed mostly of copper and a little bit of tin. Each piece of our bronze jewelry is solid cast bronze without any plating or coating. This means the golden color you see on a freshly polished piece of ours is raw bronze!
It’s a durable metal great for everyday wear, and although easily restored, bronze can also develop a natural patina over time. (We think the patina look can be beautiful and desirable as well — it’s really all about personal preference!)
To help your bronze jewelry both maintain its shiny, golden appearance and promote its longevity, we’ve included a few care guidelines below.
RECOMMENDED CARE GUIDELINES FOR BRONZE JEWELRY
Adjust your cuff or adjustable ring one time to find a comfortable fit. Repeated adjustments can weaken the metal and cause it to break.
MIMOSA HOW TO: Watch our videos below all about how to put on and safely adjust your jewelry to find a comfortable fit.
Published 4/14/21; Last Updated 10/18/22